Find a copy in the library
Find it in libraries globally
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Michael S Kimmel
|ISBN:||9780060831349 0060831340 9780060831356 0060831359|
|Notes:||"Understanding the critical years between 16 and 26"--Jacket.|
|Description:||xviii, 332 pages ; 24 cm|
|Contents:||Welcome to Guyland --
"What's the rush?" : Guyland as a new stage of development --
"Bros before hos" : the guy code --
High school : boot camp for Guyland --
The rites of almost-men : binge drinking, fraternity hazing, and the elephant walk --
Sports crazy --
Boys and their toys : Guyland's media --
Babes in Boyland : pornography --
Hooking up : sex in Guyland --
Predatory sex and party rape --
Girls in Guyland : eyes on the guys --
WorldCat User Reviews (1)
A Social Constructivist Look at the Guy Subculture
Operating from the wrong paradigm makes things difficult ... just ask a Ptolemaic astronomer. Kimmel obviously thinks that the male subculture within American society needs to be changed, but his prescription for improving things diverges from his theoretical model of the problem. That's a good...
- 0 of 1 people found this review helpful. Did it help you?
- Young men -- United States.
- Masculinity -- United States.
- Maturation (Psychology) -- United States.
- Man-woman relationships -- United States.
- Man-woman relationships.
- Maturation (Psychology)
- Young men.
- United States.
- Männliche Jugend.
- Masculinity / United States.
- Maturation (Psychology) / United States.
- Young men / United States.